Why Choose Us
It's simple. We are the best at what we do.
As a true sloping site specialist builder we have built some truly stunning and unique homes on sloping sites. Every project is UNIQUE in design, so no two homes are ever the same, whether it be on a sloping or a flat blocks. At Apex Homes we pride ourselves on our individuality.
+ Every Apex Home is designed from scratch
Our design brief methodology ensures a comprehensive assessment of your lifestyle, accommodation, budgetary and design needs. We then combine this with the location's features, environmental considerations and construction cost strategies to develop an effective design that is unique to you. You have the freedom to have as much or as little input as you like. So you have the confidence in getting exactly what you want and need in your dream home.
+ Apex Homes has the same aim as you
We commit to keeping within budget so that you can afford to build your home. Using design innovation, minimising waste of space, creating flexible living spaces, using cost effective construction methods and where possible, utilising standardised materials, maximises what your dollar will buy.
+Communication is our top priority
Karl will personally communicate with you on all aspects of the construction from start to finish to ensure your every need is met and you are never left wondering, giving you the courtesy and respect you deserve. It's a journey we both should enjoy.
+ Fully licensed & qualified construction company
Apex Homes handpick only the most highly skilled subcontractors who are experts in their trade. So you can relax knowing your investment is in the best hands possible, resulting in unparalleled finishes to your new home.
+ Registered members of the Master Builders Association
We undergo regular education and skills training to keep up to date with the latest standards and technologies. You can feel confident that your home will be built with the utmost skill and complies with the Australian building code.
In our quest for superior quality and highest level of customer satisfaction. We guarantee all our clients:
- Your project will be finished on time every time
- All defects are managed hassle free
- We provide 7 years structural warranty and a 1 year minor defects warranty
- Premium quality materials and workmanship and Superior Inclusions are standard
As we are a custom home builder & designer, we focus on giving you the flexibility to choose the features that will reflect your life style and budget.
Listed are the most common inclusions:
- 20mm CaesarStone bench tops throughout kitchen, bathrooms & laundry
- Soft close draws and doors to kitchen cabinetry
- Generous allowance for quality lighting and power points
- All timber termite resistance
- Change over switch for generator
- Grey tint glass throughout home
- Double insulated roof
- Generous allowance for appliances
- Quality floor coverings
- Solid key render to external
+ STEP 1
Initial inquiry and site visit
- The best place to start is always with a face to face meeting onsite to discuss your ideas, goals and dreams in relation to the new home.
- By meeting onsite at your block enables us to visualise your ideas and advise practicalities & possibilities.
- At this meeting we will discuss your build budget which governs the overall size of your home
- From this consultation I will sketch a floor plan and give you an estimate going off your client information card.
+ STEP 2
Preliminary concept design & quote
- Next we will draw up a Preliminary Agreement. This is a small fee to cover the costs of the following as these are a MUST HAVE for you to obtain a fix price and lodgement to council
- Soil test from geo tech
- Structural engineering
- Energy efficiency report
- Contour plan
- Slope stability report
- Waste water report
- Bush fire report
- At this stage I will give you a fixed total build price which will have the fixtures and finishes included.
- If after the above has been completed and you wish not to proceed we will refund you the design fee of $1500.00
+ STEP 3
- After acceptance of the fixed quote, a construction date will be set.
- We will both sign a Master builders residential contract
- Apex Homes will provide you with a detailed program from start to completion.
+ STEP 4
- Your project will commence as soon as all relevant approvals are received
- We are committed to the project time lines and to making your finished home one we are both proud of.
- During the build faze we will be openly communicating through emails, phone & site visits to insure that you are involved and understand how things are progressing.
+ STEP 5
- A pre-handover walk through of your home is conducted a week prior to handover to ensure you are completely satisfied with your new home.
- All necessary certificates and warranties are issued during handover.
- Your dream home has now reached completion and is ready for you to call home. Enjoy!
Refer a Friend
At Apex Home Constructions we are proud of every new home we build. Many of our clients have returned to build second and third homes for their families and for investment purposes.
So, if you've built with us before and want to refer a friend to build with us, you'll receive a $250 Myer voucher to spend on your choice of reward.
Can we modify the home to suit our needs?
Absolutely, at Apex Home Constructions we specialise in the design and construction of homes, so you have the freedom to tailor your home to suit your families individual needs and budget.
Do you build on difficult sites?
Yes, we love a challenge. There is no obstacle that can't be overcome.
Do you build one off architecturally designed homes?
Yes, we thrive on building homes that are unique. We love nothing better than to have our technical knowledge and experience tested.
What is the process of getting a home built through AHC?
Upon acceptance of the quotation, a contract is signed and a thorough construction schedule created.
What do you, as the builder offer customers, that is special compared to other builders?
Peace of mind and fewer grey hairs - being professional and organised. Dotting the i's and crossing the t's means that you as the client don't have to worry about any part of the project because you have a builder who is on the ball taking care of everything for you.
Confidence - We only do a limited number of projects each year, so we are fully focused on your home.
Certainty - Our commitment to excellence will ensure you have a home that is built to the highest standards and lasts the test of time.
Do you have all the correct insurances and licences?
Yes, we carry all the necessary liability and worker compensation insurance as well as the correct licences (QBCC Contractor Licence - Lic # 1260345).
Why should I hire a licensed builder?
The cost of buying and owning a home is probably the biggest investment made by most people in their lifetime. Property owners therefore often look for the lowest price when looking to build or renovate a home. Since most unlicensed contractors are not insured and do not pay any unemployment compensation for their workers and liability insurance, they can often underbid the licenced professional. This bottom line may at first be attractive to the property owner, as a way to lower costs and save money. Most of the time, it is not. Hiring a licensed builder offers many additional protections to the property owner, especially regarding residential property. First of all, a contractor cannot obtain a license without possessing a minimum amount of experience and must pass a business management test. The applicant also may be subjected to criminal history background check, and must not have any unresolved contracting complaints outstanding.
What does the initial payment cover?
There are a number of different reports required to establish if your land meets all the requirements for building your home design choice. These include contour surveys, soil reports, plans showing your requested variations and an itemised proposal. This fee is eventually taken from your contract deposit.
If my house is rendered, will my render be painted?
Yes. During your colour selections appointment you will be shown a range of paint colours to choose from. Once the paint colour is applied you will not see the render underneath.
What happens if we hit rock when constructing your footings?
You will be notified immediately, however, cost to remove the rock will be unknown until the rock removal has been completed. We will provide invoices from our contractors and apply margin to provide you with a completely transparent and open understanding of the costs involved.
Do Apex Home Constructions offer any warrantees or guarantees?
After construction, you have peace of mind knowing that Apex Home Constructions offer one of the longest structural guarantees in the construction industry. You also have the opportunity to send us a six (6) month maintenance form, outlining any maintenance issues for us to address. Of course, any appliance issues will be dealt with immediately.
What is the average build time?
The average construction time ranges anywhere from 14-16 weeks for a single-storey home and 22 weeks for a two-storey home. From the day you pay your initial deposit, you can expect handover with 7-9 months.
Apex Home Constructions builds custom-designed new homes, home renovations, extensions, additions to decks, pools and concreting. Whatever your Whitsunday construction needs-we've got them covered. Call us today to discuss your next building project.