Apex Home Constructions offers the tailored solution to your Whitsunday building requirements. From new home builds and home renovation services, to concreting, decking and building extensions, we offer the complete service in custom design and construction.
We understand everyone’s building needs are different and so we listen to your unique requirements. We can help you from the first line on a plan through to the last coat of paint. We want to ensure you get the best value for your dollar by being smarter in design and building.
WHY CHOOSE US
EVERY APEX HOME IS DESIGNED FROM SCRATCH
Our design brief methodology ensures a comprehensive assessment of your lifestyle, accommodation, budgetary and design needs. We then combine this with the location’s features, environmental considerations and construction cost strategies to develop an effective design that is unique to you. You have the freedom to have as much or as little input as you like. So you have the confidence in getting exactly what you want and need in your dream home.
APEX HOMES HAS THE SAME AIM AS YOU
We commit to keeping within budget so that you can afford to build your home. Using design innovation, minimising waste of space, creating flexible living spaces, using cost effective construction methods and where possible, utilising standardised materials, maximises what your dollar will buy.
COMMUNICATION IS OUR TOP PRIORITY
FULLY LICENSED & QUALIFIED CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
REGISTERED MEMBERS OF THE MASTER BUILDERS ASSOCIATION
In our quest for superior quality and highest level of customer satisfaction. We guarantee all our clients:
- Your project will be finished on time every time
- All defects are managed hassle free
- We provide 7 years structural warranty and a 1 year minor defects warranty
- Premium quality materials and workmanship and Superior Inclusions are standard
As we are a custom home builder & designer, we focus on giving you the flexibility to choose the features that will reflect your life style and budget.
Listed are the most common inclusions:
Initial inquiry and site visit
- The best place to start is always with a face to face meeting onsite to discuss your ideas, goals and dreams in relation to the new home.
- By meeting onsite at your block enables us to visualise your ideas and advise practicalities & possibilities.
- At this meeting we will discuss your build budget which governs the overall size of your home
- From this consultation I will sketch a floor plan and give you an estimate going off your client information card.
Preliminary concept design & quote
- Next we will draw up a Preliminary Agreement. This is a small fee to cover the costs of the following as these are a MUST HAVE for you to obtain a fix price and lodgement to council
- Soil test from geo tech
- Structural engineering
- Energy efficiency report
- Contour plan
- Slope stability report
- Waste water report
- Bush fire report
- At this stage I will give you a fixed total build price which will have the fixtures and finishes included.
- If after the above has been completed and you wish not to proceed we will refund you the design fee of $1500.00
- After acceptance of the fixed quote, a construction date will be set.
- We will both sign a Master builders residential contract
- Apex Homes will provide you with a detailed program from start to completion.
- Your project will commence as soon as all relevant approvals are received
- We are committed to the project time lines and to making your finished home one we are both proud of.
- During the build faze we will be openly communicating through emails, phone & site visits to ensure that you are involved and understand how things are progressing.
- A pre-handover walk through of your home is conducted a week prior to handover to ensure you are completely satisfied with your new home.
- All necessary certificates and warranties are issued during handover.
- Your dream home has now reached completion and is ready for you to call home. Enjoy!
REFER A FRIEND
At Apex Home Constructions we are proud of every new home we build. Many of our clients have returned to build second and third homes for their families and for investment purposes.
So, if you’ve built with us before and want to refer a friend to build with us, you’ll receive a $250 Myer voucher to spend on your choice of reward.
Can we modify the home to suit our needs?
Absolutely, at Apex Home Constructions we specialise in the design and construction of homes, so you have the freedom to tailor your home to suit your families individual needs and budget.
Do you build on difficult sites?
Yes, we love a challenge. There is no obstacle that can’t be overcome.
Do you build one off architecturally designed homes?
Yes, we thrive on building homes that are unique. We love nothing better than to have our technical knowledge and experience tested.
What is the process of getting a home built through AHC?
Upon acceptance of the quotation, a contract is signed and a thorough construction schedule created.
What do you, as the builder offer customers, that is special compared to other builders?
Peace of mind and fewer grey hairs – being professional and organised. Dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s means that you as the client don’t have to worry about any part of the project because you have a builder who is on the ball taking care of everything for you.
Confidence – We only do a limited number of projects each year, so we are fully focused on your home.
Certainty – Our commitment to excellence will ensure you have a home that is built to the highest standards and lasts the test of time.
Do you have all the correct insurances and licences?
Yes, we carry all the necessary liability and worker compensation insurance as well as the correct licences (QBCC Contractor Licence – Lic # 1260345).
Why should I hire a licensed builder?
The cost of buying and owning a home is probably the biggest investment made by most people in their lifetime. Property owners therefore often look for the lowest price when looking to build or renovate a home. Since most unlicensed contractors are not insured and do not pay any unemployment compensation for their workers and liability insurance, they can often underbid the licenced professional. This bottom line may at first be attractive to the property owner, as a way to lower costs and save money. Most of the time, it is not. Hiring a licensed builder offers many additional protections to the property owner, especially regarding residential property. First of all, a contractor cannot obtain a license without possessing a minimum amount of experience and must pass a business management test. The applicant also may be subjected to criminal history background check, and must not have any unresolved contracting complaints outstanding.
What does the initial payment cover?
There are a number of different reports required to establish if your land meets all the requirements for building your home design choice. These include contour surveys, soil reports, plans showing your requested variations and an itemised proposal. This fee is eventually taken from your contract deposit.
If my house is rendered, will my render be painted?
Yes. During your colour selections appointment you will be shown a range of paint colours to choose from. Once the paint colour is applied you will not see the render underneath.
What happens if we hit rock when constructing your footings?
Do Apex Home Constructions offer any warrantees or guarantees?
After construction, you have peace of mind knowing that Apex Home Constructions offer one of the longest structural guarantees in the construction industry. You also have the opportunity to send us a six (6) month maintenance form, outlining any maintenance issues for us to address. Of course, any appliance issues will be dealt with immediately.